Personal information required:
- Proof of identity, background and civil status.
- Details of source of wealth, business activities and financial standing.
- Confirmation of good standing.
- Evidence of suitable accommodation in Malta.
- €650,000 payable as a non-refundable contribution to the Maltese economy.
- Plus €25,000 or €50,000 contribution for other family members.
- €150,000 investment in Maltese state instruments for 5 years+.
- €16,000+ pa lease rental or €350,000+ purchase of residential property.
- Property must be retained for 5years+.
- Residence card issued 2 weeks after interview and initial due diligence.
- Detailed background checks and enquiry, if satisfactory, approval in 120 days.
- Passport issued after oath of allegiance.
- All require good standing and financial independence.
- Various tax advantages depending on option taken:
- Ordinary Residence Scheme - EU/EEA nationals to live and do business in Malta.
- Global Residence Programme – Global (excluding EU/EEA nationals)
- Qualifies for special tax status in Malta.
- Residence and Visa Programme – Global (excluding EU/EEA nationals)
- Indefinite stay in Malta and access to Schengen Area.
- Financial and property requirements
- Highly Qualified Persons – Global
- Persons with specific qualifications employed in ‘eligible office’.
- Qualifies for reduced income tax- currently 15%
- Scheme terminates December 2025
- Retirement Programme – EU/EEA/ Swiss retirees